For over half a century, the name DBS has meant just one thing: the ultimate production Aston Martin. A DBS is a distilled concentrate of all that has made Aston Martin not just one of the most coveted brands in the automotive sphere, but in all fields of endeavour, right around the world. Now the new DBS Superleggera has arrived. Its beauty leaves no room for doubt. Its power cannot be reasoned with. Unquestionably, DBS Superleggera sits at the pinnacle of the Aston Martin production range. It is both a shining light expressing the most beautiful automotive art and, at the same time, a dark and menacing shadow of brutal, unequivocal strength. It is this fine blend of seemingly opposing traits that makes the DBS Superleggera the absolute Aston Martin.
DBS has long signified the utmost in elegance and speed, comfort and performance. The DBS Superleggera Coupe and Volante are meticulously handcrafted with beauty and performance in equal measure. No fraction is compromised. The DBS Superleggera will leave you in awe. Its beauty is absolute. The 715bhp provided by the DBS Superleggera 5.2 V12 twin-turbo engine is a colossal figure by any standard. But that is just where its talent starts. When you drive the DBS Superleggera you get to savour something else even more phenomenal – its torque. Torque is as difficult to explain as it is easy to experience: it is the power of the punch you feel when a car accelerates, and the DBS has 900Nm of it, more than any Aston Martin road car in our history. Thanks to the outstanding flexibility of our hand-built, twin-turbo 5.2-litre V12 engine, there’s no need to wait: all of it is available from just 1800rpm.
Convention says form and function are opposing interests. The DBS Superleggera proves otherwise. The shape is unmistakably Aston Martin, but stronger, broader and more muscular than ever, not at a stylist’s whim but to cool and control the most powerful production Aston Martin ever. The DBS Superleggera is dominated by a breath-taking hexagonal grille, combining a sense of unbounded strength with the most natural beauty. This sets the visual agenda for the entire car while simultaneously feeding the insatiable appetite for oxygen of the mighty 715bhp engine. Where others stop, we start. Settle into the sumptuous, leather upholstered interior of the DBS Superleggera and see how our high-performance seats support your body to perfection. In both the driver and passenger seat you are home before the journey has even commenced.
Typically, as a car gets faster, it requires more cooling, larger brakes and stronger suspension, which inevitably results in increased weight. The DBS Superleggera begs to differ. Naturally it has been upgraded in all areas required to handle its phenomenal performance, but not by merely adding more of the same, instead using the finest, strongest lightweight materials. Good taste and outstanding luxury is nothing if ease of function is compromised. By creating an interior that combines the finest hand craftsmanship with cutting edge technology, rest assured the DBS Superleggera is as easy and intuitive to operate as it is cossetting and inspiring to inhabit. Information is provided by state of the art TFT screens, one 12" unit to provide the instruments and an 8" display for all infotainment requirements, including the latest satellite navigation mapping. You can instruct your DBS Superleggera in the normal way, by letter recognition drawn on the touchpad, or gesture or voice control.
- All-alloy quad overhead cam, 48-valve 5.2-litre bi-turbo, V12
- Water-to-air Charge Cooling
- Front mid-mounted engine, rear-wheel drive
- Fully catalysed stainless-steel exhaust system with cross pipes
- Compression ratio 9.3:1
- Dual Variable Camshaft Timing
- Fully CNC machined combustion chambers
- Maximum power: 715bhp/725PS @ 6500rpm
- Maximum torque: 900Nm/663lb ft @ 1800-5000rpm
- Acceleration: 0-62mph (0-100km/h) in 3.6 seconds
- Maximum speed: 211mph
- Two-door body style with 2+2 seating
- Extruded bonded aluminium body structure with composite panels
- LED high and low beam headlamps with integrated direction indicator
- Signature LED tail lamp with stop tail and dynamic indicator
- Carbon Fibre Clamshell bonnet
- Side louvre
- Front independent double wishbone design coil springs
- Rear multi-link, coil springs, anti-roll bar
- Adaptive Damping System (ADS) with Skyhook tech
- 21” Ten Twin spoke wheel – silver
- Front 21” Pirelli P Zero 265/35/21
- Rear 21” Pirelli P Zero 305/30/21